Monday, August 8, 2011

Where it all started...

It is always with great excitement that I visit the Los Angeles area. For a short amount of time I can easily ignore the traffic, the parking nightmares, the smog, and  enjoy the design eye candy that surrounds me in this sprawling metropolis. The flea markets are quite simply the best I have seen ...other than Paris, of course! Below are a few pictures from the Pasadena City College flea market, which has more than quadrupled in size since I lived and worked at a famous Pasadena retailer fifteen years ago. 


Why am I always drawn to a chaise lounge? I think it is my penchant for the old school Arizona resort. I love the slide-out cocktail table and the terrific color. 

Great old storage cabinets, the perfect color, the nice, barn-like construction.  Can we strap them on top of the car?


Tremendous terrarium potential....
What are the trends?  I did see piles and piles of leather belts, woven, tooled, stitched and decorated as well as every type of glass you can imagine. Colored glass, clear glass vintage and new. The nice thing about the flea market is that you can find something everyone loves. Tomorrow, the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment