Friday, August 5, 2011

Greenhouse Fever

 My family has always had a greenhouse. In Pennsylvania, where I grew up, it was the cold frames lined up outside the ground floor windows  of our house. Vegetables sprouted there in early spring. When my parents moved to Arizona to retire, it was with the condition that there be a swimming  pool and a greenhouse. My brother constructed the latter for my mother out of reclaimed, curiously stacked glass windows from an old house in downtown Tucson.Here are a few greenhouses I would love to own....and all made from windows that might have ended up in a landfill.Maybe I need to send my brother a plane ticket....

This from robojunker.com


From junkmarketstyle


I will be heading to California tomorrow and will be posting from The Pasadena City College antique fair among other things. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment