Friday, August 26, 2011

Put a fork in it...

  We are headed into a blazing hot weekend here in Tucson, but it doesn't keep us from having a barbeque. I am not hosting this evening, but when I do I am always pressed into a dilemma. Plastic forks and knives? Its hard to bring myself to buy these one- use wonders that don't wash easily (although the half melted ones are pretty interesting when they come out of the dishwasher), don't store well, are expensive and likely to spend a lifetime in the landfill. Finally, while shopping in Los Angeles I found a solution! Wafer-thin wood utensils that wash well,  stack neatly for storage and won't spend eternity decomposing. Besides, they are just cool to use. Follow this link to Tortoise General Store where I bought them for about $10 for 100 pieces.  Have a great weekend!

1 comment: