Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This just in...

 Over the weekend I had a few free minutes to pay a visit to our friends at Zocalo. They have recently received their quarterly truck  and I always like to sneak in while they are still unpacking to see all the loot! Mexican folk art at its finest, this truck was especially full of fine ceramics and some quirky new looks that I love. 

Here, Kitty Kitty! Ceramic Jaguars from Mexico






A classic Pina, or pineapple, from Michoacan
Antique tin light fixture. Sorry about the flash, I am getting used to a new camera!





Sweet and silly animal banks and toys. 










Traditional black Bateas, perfect in groups on  a kitchen wall.




This birdcage is actually an outdoor bird feeder.



A charming, hand carved wood jewelry chest, it stands about 12" high and is in the most perfect blue.
I think I'll take it!














































No comments:

Post a Comment