Friday, July 29, 2011

The $10 Rule

 My thrift store habit started in High School with vintage tuxedo shirts, in College it was wool coats and once I graduated and moved to Tucson, it became pottery.  While living in Seattle and Los Angeles the consumption continued although at a more careful pace, given the higher prices and space constraints of apartment living. Back in Tucson these 17 (yikes) years, I realized that I needed to find a way to limit my purchasing so I instated the $10 rule. I won't spend more than ten dollars for any single pottery item.  I have never been one to buy for a name imprinted on the bottom, so the rule is fairly easy to follow. However,with careful searching and patience it has yielded me some beauties. This week I am cleaning out cabinets and shelves and drawers and found some of them that I had forgotten. They make a pretty display for our weekend gatherings, and provide lots of color inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment