Sunday, December 18, 2011

One of my dreams of the past 20 years has been to spend Christmas in Denmark. My husband is one half Danish and still has many relatives who live there.  We spent several weeks visiting during the summer and I fell in love with the people, the traditions and the sense of civility that pervades everything we did while there. Every year we receive photos of candle-lit Christmas trees and family dinners, and I renew my resolve to make it to Denmark, someday, for the holidays.
While visiting my in-laws a few years ago I picked up a book on Danish Christmas Traditions and made several crafts. This year I pulled the dog-eared book out again and made one of my favorite Danish crafts, woven Christmas heart baskets.


You can learn how to make the hearts here. I recommend this craft for older teens and adults, it is a little tricky.  However, the end result makes up for all the hard work! I added homemade tassels and pom-poms for extra color.

No comments:

Post a Comment